Saturday 2 April 2016

"Candle-o-mania"- An insight into the head of a scented candle addict

Thank you Youtube for this! Yes! Youtube is the reason today I'm a serious candle addict and hoarder..... Just one more reason to splurge...like I actually needed one!!!. Anywho I got into scented candles around two years back when I first started watching Youtube videos. Initially was a bit apprehensive just out of insane fear that I might burn the house down..:P. This went on for a while until I finally decided to let go of my fear and get that scented candle. When I first went to purchase one more than a year ago,I cannot remember where it was from but it was mostly from one of the home-ware stores in a mall,I did not get that good a selection infact there was nothing interesting and honestly I wanted a proper candle not a tealight. So finally after a lot of searching and debating with my self I picked up two tinned scented candles which were back then best ones among the lot.

                                     

These two candles are of "Aroma India" a brand of  Mysore Scents Company. The ones I purchased were Lavender and Ocean Breeze. They are pretty mildly scented as back then was a bit apprehensive about sweet smelling ones thinking it might give me a headache. Slowly and surely I gained confidence which later turned into a major candle addiction. The types of scents I like best now are the sweet ones, and sometimes also floral fresh smells depending on the season  and my mood at the time. Since back then I did not get a good selection here I asked my sister to get me a few from Canada which she so dearly obliged  She got me quite a few candles when she flew down here for my wedding and later sent more with my mum and dad when they visited her. (You honestly spoil me and I love you!..:D)

Below shown is my entire collection of scented candles:

I wont say I burn them everyday as most days I dont have that much time due to my full schedule. But on holidays and days when I'm a little free I love to light up a candle and leave it there till I bathe after which the room smells amazing.It really peps my mood. I like to mix and match the fragrance sometimes to get the best of both worlds. I burn my candles not over 2 hours at a time since I find its long enough for room to smell amazing after which I light an incense stick sometimes.

My recent most favorite one is"Mango Sorbet"by the Elephant Company which I purchased recently from Amazon. Its a sweet smelling one and is prefect for this weather. Apart from this one I love my Vanilla one which was given to me by my sister. This one is the "Old Williamsburgh Candle in Creamy Vanilla". The smell is to die for.

"Mango Sorbet"


"Creamy Vanilla"

Today scented candles are available both locally as well as online like Flipkart and Amazon. Its really nice to know that we get good variety here as well and that you do not need to burn a large hole in your pocket to get them. (Fuel for my addiction..:P)

For summers I prefer the more fresh scents and when its gets a little colder I like to burn the sweet smelling ones.

Apart from candles I regularly also light incense sticks. I really want to try out the reed diffuser but honestly I've not found a scent in those which is not nausea and headache inducing yet. I'm now eyeing "Toasted Marshmallow" candle by "Pan Aromas". If anyone has tried that please let me know in the comments below.Apart from that I want to also try scented candles by "Bath and Body works"since I've heard really good things about their candles.

Let me know what's your take on scented candles and what type of scents you like.If there is any candle you think I should try do let me know.

Thanks for reading and dont forget to like and comment below. Until next time...

Love Makeup Love Life
Sayonara
Your's Truly
Sayuri..:~)



No comments:

Post a Comment