Thursday 10 March 2016

Hikari cosmetics blush review- Harvest

Hello everybody!!!! Isn't summer amazing in some ways,longer days which means its still daylight when I leave from work,gives me that little pep to get stuff done. No, I'm not a big fan of the heat and all still its lovely to still see daylight after being in the office all day stuck in front of the computer. How do you feel about summers do leave me comment on your thoughts about summers. :-)

Summer is the season to bring out all your colorful makeup and I've just found  a new obsession which is surely going to last me the whole of summer,heck even winters.Its a blush I got in my February Fabbag by Hikari cosmetics in the shade Harvest (even the name is summery!!)



For all those who do not know what Fabbag is, its basically a monthly subscription box where in you get sample sized or sometimes even full sized make up products which you can use and re-purchase if you like.You can subscribe on monthly.quarterly,half-yearly and even yearly basis. Anyways my love affair started with Fabbag in April of 2015 when I was looking for Makeup subscription service in India after stalking Michelle Phan's Ipsy bag. Anywho I subscribed to Fabbag and since then there was no looking back. I even had my husband renew my subscription as a birthday gift!!! :D So basically after subscribing you fill up a questionnaire about yourself and then the lovely ladies at Fabbag send you a carefully curated bag every month containing makeup,skincare and even haircare range of products. I honestly have never been disappointed with the teams works so kudos to you Fabcrew!!! :*

So coming back to the product, this came to me as part of my February Fabbag and its pressed powder blush bearing net weight 6.0 grams/21 OZ e. Its a decently sized pan and will last you pretty long time in my opinion. Its a nice mauve toned which comes off berry to pinkish depending on how much you use. Its a matte finish so its actually wearable on daily basis.The best part is that it lasts super long. Even after a long tiring day at work it stays put on my cheeks which is a major plus for me.  Its super pigmented hence you need very little and is very easy to blend. It has a very negligible fragrance so that's another plus point to it. It looks good with most makeup looks and can be used as a day to night wear blush. The packaging however seems a little too delicate to me. The plastic packing is very thin and does not look too travel friendly although I'm yet to test that theory out. Word of Advice: Keep it inside a snug makeup bag and hopefully it should survive. Will let you know when I do so. 
Here is the blush swatched on my hand unblended on the top and blended in the bottom picture :





Trust me this blush is more berry toned in the pan than it comes off in pictures although it comes off mostly pinkish on the skin. Its a cool toned blush so it has no coral tones to it. It should suit most Indian skin tones. It start off as a nice rosy pink and fades to muted pink by the end of the day which is pretty darn good if you ask me as compared to other blushes I have used. Overall I would rate this a 4/5 , 1 point less until I test the packaging theory. :P

Hikari Cosmetics is company based in the USA and makes blushes and lipsticks and other makeup products. I had never heard of this brand prior to this so I'm actually keen to try their other products namely the eyshadows, tell you gurl they look simply awesome.For more information on Hikari cosmetics click on the link below:


As far as I know Hikari cosmetics products currently only available on Fabbag and retail for Rs.1000/- which is pretty decent considering the quality. If you know anywhere else I could get my hands on their range leave me a comment and let me know or if you feel I should try something else in their range keep me posted:) . You can purchase this blush on the link given below:


or If you wish to subscribe to the Fabbag go ahead click on the link below and start your love affair!!


This blush is an absolute must have for the summers so I definitely recommend you to try it out and let me know when you do. :)

Please don't forget to like and comment. Thanks for reading!!
Love makeup love life!!<3

Sayonara!!
Yours Truly
Sayuri..:~)

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! The blush has a lovely tone...It's hard to find a proper blush that suits my Indian skin tones sometimes..I don't want something too loud but also want something that shows but blends well. And this looks great in the picture you posted. And ohhhh how I love the summers, being in Vancouver its so cold here right now I just can't wait for summer and make the best of it. I would definitely love to give this brand a try. Since you mentioned they have a good range in eyeshadows, could you do a review on those sometime? I'd love to see the shades. looking forward to read more from ya!
    Cheers Sayuri! :) <3
    #fabbag #hikari #beauty #summers

    ReplyDelete