Monday 21 March 2016

Review- Just Herbs Rejuvenating Beauty Elixir facial serum

For the longest ever time I have been curious about Face Serums. I was hesitant to shell out alot of money for the high end ones available in the market as I was skeptical if it will suit me or not,(looking back now this was a foolish thought..:`)). So the first facial serum I picked up was by VLCC ,it was their Snigdha Skin Whitening Serum which costs around Rs.500-800 ish if I'm not wrong. Frankly speaking I did not like it, it did absolutely nothing for me. This put me off serums for a while until I received the Just Herbs Rejuvenating Beauty Elixir facial serum in one of my Fabbags last year, I cannot remember when was the first time I received it seeing as I fell in luurrve with this product instantly on first use after which I kept picking it out again and again when they sent us a product of your choice questionnaire every month. I picked this minimum 3 times I guess one of which I gave to my mom to use and she loves it too. :~). So thanks again Fabbag for introducing my skin to the love of its life!!! Teeehee!!!

So yeah I was intrigued when I first received it and honestly it did wonders for my skin in the first use itself. For the first time I had used just on its own as I was a little scared it would break me out if I used it under my night cream. But the next day you will not believe my skin was so soft and glowy. Since the there was no looking back. Now its a very important part of nightly skin care routine and I use it just after spritzing some rose water on my face mixing a 3-4 drops in my Sula Grapeseed oil, full review of which you can check on this link below:

http://sayuri2323.blogspot.in/2016/03/review-sula-pure-grapeseed-oil-extra.html

Below is what the bottle and packaging look like:



This comes in a mint green box packing with a dark yellow brown hued glass bottle with a dropper on top. The bottle needs to be shaken a little before you dispense it as all the good stuffs tends to settle at the bottom due to the weight. Its net weight is 15ml or 0.53 oz. It will last you for a good 1-1.5 months as you need only 3-4 drops when you use. The color is yellowish and is sort of thick but is easy to blend into skin and does not feel oily or heavy on the skin, it absorbs super quick into your skin. The smell is little funny on the other hand, it honestly smells like bread to me which is sort of tolerable as I dont mind it that much. But thankfully it doesn't linger for long.


You can use it on its own or you can mix it it with your night cream and or any other product you might put on your face. I normally use it with my grapseed oil like I said earlier after which I put my night cream and eye cream (Yes, I have long and sometimes tiring nightly routine but well it works in the long run!) You can use it all over your face and that includes your eye contour area. It can also be used to treat spots on your skin, all you have to do is use it directly on the spot by putting 1-2 drops on the affected area.


It highlight ingredient is Gotukula extract which is supposedly the Indian Ginseng of sorts which frankly I'd never heard of until now but having done some internet research its apparently very beneficial for your skin as it has anti ageing properties amongst it various other benefits. Please click on the link below for more details on Gotukula:

http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-gotu-kola.html

Other ingredients are as given in the images below:


This serum needs to be stored in a cool dark place. You can purchase it online on various websites like Nyyka, Fabbag, Amazon etc, I'm not sure where you can find it locally in Mumbai as I have not seen it anywhere till date. If anyone knows do let me know too..:). It retails for Rs.985/- on Fabbag. The other sites should also be having a similar price range. Its pretty economical if you ask me since many other serums retails between Rs.2000-5000 INR. I think 15ml is the biggest size available.


Rating I would give it would be 5/5 since I absolutely love this product. Do check this out if you are looking for a change in your facial serum or you're just curious about facial serums just like me. Do also let me know if you know any other goods brands that do good facial serums.

Like always thanks for reading and don't forget to leave your comments and like the post.


Love Makeup Love life <3

Sayonara!!!
Your's truly
Sayuri... :~)






1 comment:

  1. Ughhh your reviews make me want to try this stuff so much! I didn't even know there were face serums! Looks good..also it's herbal so that's great for me considering my skin is a bit picky when it comes to cosmetics. I love everything Ayurveda :) I will try this for sure! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete